Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What Qualifies Me as a Gaming Genius?

Well, as you all are aware, right in the headline this blog calls me one of two gaming geniuses. And you are probably thinking to yourself, "What the fuck qualifies this dude as a gaming genius?". Well, gentlemen (and ladies) I am here to give you my qualifications. So I will list them here, for all you people to see, and you can judge my qualifications. And if you don't think I'm qualified enough, well, you can go to hell.

  1. I currently work at a major gaming retail outlet, and have been for over 6 years. I even was a manager of a location, but left to pursue a better opportunity, only to return to work part-time for the suhweet discount and to honestly, talk about video games.
  2. I currently own a PSP, PS3, PS2, XBox, XBox 360 (2), Wii, DS Lite (2) and a PC.
  3. I play almost every BIG game that comes out. I just finished Ghostbusters, and have played Fight Night Round 4, Rock Band Unplugged and UFC. Next on my list is The Bigs, NCAA Football 2009 and Batman: Arkham Asylum.
  4. I enjoy almost every type of game except for RTS and Flight Sim games. I do, however, happen to love turn-bases strategy (think...Civilization, not Starcraft). I like RPGs, but I wish more of them were old-school, like Final Fantasy VI (the best in the series, VII is OVERRATED) or Chrono Trigger.
  5. I have this crazy ability to name box art if you cover up the name of the game and show me just the picture. (Only current and last-gen though).
  6. I am wicked good at Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Expert on Guitar/Bass, Hard on Drums/Vocals.
  7. I am also wicked good at Call of Duty. I tend to die a lot, but my K/D ratio is still over 1.15.
  8. I have been playing video games since 1986, when I was 2. That's 23 years of gaming experience.
  9. I love video games. I love reading about video games. I love writing about video games. I love weird Japanese video games (but not anime or manga, yech).
And there you have it. Don't like it? Well, you can go somewhere else but dammit, I hold nothing back. I am not afraid to diss games that people love. In fact, here is a list of beloved games that I hate or I think are overrated:
  • Goldeneye
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Pokemon
  • World of Warcraft
  • Tekken
  • Any Resident Evil before 4
  • Any Legend of Zelda game that isn't Link to the Past
Let the hatred begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment