Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Candidate for Worst News of the Year

It was announced over the weekend that famed Rapper 50 Cent would be among the celebrity voice actors lending their "talents" to the upcoming Modern Warfare 2. This is a sure fire candidate for worst news of the year. I couldn't help but check my calender several times in hopes that the space-time continuum had transformed the date to April the 1st. I had no such luck.

Mr. Half dollar will apparently be heard saying such classics as "Reloading", "Tango Down", and "I'm the downfall of civilized man!" Even if you are a 50 Cent fan, I'm sure you can agree that the young man's English language handicap is not appropriate for a game featuring special operations forces. Somehow I doubt the words "shawtee" and "Birfday" come up very often when dealing with international terrorism. Then again, if you are a 50 Cent fan you are probably preoccupied with mugging the elderly and hurling helpless kittens.

Best of all, he will be featured in the game's multiplayer, so we will all have the pleasure of hearing his voice in repetition until the next installment in the franchise. It is a sad day indeed.


7 comments:

  1. Uggh I know! I just saw online that he happens to be releasing a new album in September... coincidence? I think not. They are trying to ride the waves of his (hopefully) reignited popularity at that point, because MW2 will be coming out while his hits are on heavy rotation on the Z100s of the world. That is probably why they selected him rather than other rappers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly though, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand is not that bad a game. It's hilarious and it's the only game I know that has a curse button and you can unlock dirtier curses with money you collect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 Cent in a 50 Cent game is tolerable. However, the gaming community should not be forced to endure his presence in a major title like Modern Warfare 2. Stick him in DJ Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGGGGGGGGGH WORST.

    It sucks no matter who says it. The worst part of the COD franchise in general is the stupid voice-actors and their repetitive shouts during multiplayer. Maybe its just me, but I go crazy. That awful Russian guy from WAW? WHY WOULD A RUSSIAN GUY SPEAK IN ENGLISH WITH A RUSSIAN ACCENT? Same goes for the Germans, SPEAK IN GERMAN OR NOT AT ALL.

    And if they must be hilariously bad accents, can't we at least not play them every 10 fucking seconds? Can't we have an option to turn the clowns off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I love the hilariously bad accents. If you ever played Return to Castle Wolfenstein, you heard the best German impersonation evar. It literally sounded like Ah-nuld.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to let you know that great good has come from this post. It made me curious enough to search around to see if anyone else hated the foreigners talking in English with accents and there is actually a mod for COD that fixes the chatter to the actual language. I will have to give it a go...

    As for RTCW, I have played it but a very long time ago. Looking forward to the next one though, like in a few months I believe?

    ReplyDelete